Joseph M. Alpar
- Turkish and Greek music, Jewish music in Turkey, religious studies, transnationalism, music and religious practice, nusach and Jewish liturgy, spirituality, vocal ornamentation, makam
- Central African Music, Caribbean Music, African Diaspora Music and Dance, Spirit Possession, Afro-Puerto Rican Bomba, Afro-Dominican Folk Music, Haitian Music, Afro-Cuban Music, Education, Social Justice, Healing
- Transnational music scenes; diasporic communities and music; Latin American rock and electrónica, Balkan beat and Roma influence in contemporary urban music
- Sufi music of western/north India and Pakistan; morality, ethics, and music; Hindustani music
- Music of Romania, Local and Underground Music Economies, Performance Studies, Music and Political Ideology
- traditional Tibetan folk music; music in Tibetan refugee communities; intangible cultural heritage; music, imagination, affect; music and NGOs; piwang
- Music in Cuba and Puerto Rico, popular music, transnational connections, globalization
- Music and dance in the Middle East; mediated culture; gender and masculinity; performance and the state; banjo.
- Caribbean, South Asia, race and ethnicity, religion, diaspora studies, Indo-Caribbean music, Indian popular music, Tamil music and migration
- Colombian canción social, Music and Politics, Andean Music, Brass Bands
Janice L. Mahinka
- Latin American and other (cosmopolitan) dancemusics, rhythm/beat/meter and form theories, aesthetics and criticism, interdisciplinary studies of music, dance, and social context.
Elizabeth R. Martin
- Latin American/African Diaspora music and cultures, World Music industry
- Acoustic ecology; social movements; new media; South Asia.
- Music in Ukraine and Russia; Soviet Jewish immigration and popular music in New York City; nationalism; music, censorship, and the state
- Black music of the Americas, Caribbean music, Jamaican music, jazz, diaspora and transnationalism, media theory
Elaine C. Sandoval
- El Sistema, social justice, cosmopolitanism in music education, pedagogy, postcolonialism, music in conflict and peacebuilding
Carolyn J. Stallard
- Preservation of cultural heritage through the arts (esp. within refugee communities); music and healing; music and identity; jazz history; music of Québec; percussion; the vibraphone
- Mexican music and immigration in New York City, Latin American music, nationalism, mariachi performance, son jarocho and participatory music culture
- Popular music in Southeast Europe, music and globalization, music and nationalism, music and gender