Joseph M. Alpar
- Turkish and Greek music, Jewish music in Turkey, religious studies, transnationalism, music and religious practice, nusach and Jewish liturgy, spirituality, vocal ornamentation, makam
- Central African Music, Caribbean Music, African Diaspora Music and Dance, Spirit Possession, Afro-Puerto Rican Bomba, Afro-Dominican Folk Music, Haitian Music, Afro-Cuban Music, Education, Social Justice, Healing
- Transnational music scenes; diasporic communities and music; Latin American rock and electrónica, Balkan beat and Roma influence in contemporary urban music
- Sufi music of western/north India and Pakistan; morality, ethics, and music; Hindustani music
- Music of Romania, Local and Underground Music Economies, Performance Studies, Music and Political Ideology
- traditional Tibetan folk music; music in Tibetan refugee communities; intangible cultural heritage; music, imagination, affect; music and NGOs; piwang
- Music in Cuba and Puerto Rico, popular music, transnational connections, globalization
- Music and dance in the Middle East; mediated culture; gender and masculinity; performance and the state; banjo.
- Caribbean, South Asia, race and ethnicity, religion, diaspora studies, Indo-Caribbean music, Indian popular music, Tamil music and migration
- Colombian canción social, Music and Politics, Andean Music, Brass Bands
Janice L. Mahinka
- Latin American and other (cosmopolitan) dancemusics, rhythm/beat/meter and form theories, aesthetics and criticism, interdisciplinary studies of music, dance, and social context.
Elizabeth R. Martin
- Latin American/African Diaspora music and cultures, World Music industry
- Iran, Balochistan, Kurdistan, the Persian Gulf and Indian Ocean, Khorasan, Berber North Africa, Hadrami genres, music and (Sufism, spirit possession, subculture, language, poetry, statelessness, electrification, dance, and interregional, interethic, and translinguistic interactions and exchange), dotar, benju, elektrobağlama, oud.
- Acoustic ecology; social movements; new media; South Asia.
- Music in Ukraine and Russia; Soviet Jewish immigration and popular music in New York City; nationalism; music, censorship, and the state
- Black music of the Americas, Caribbean music, Jamaican music, jazz, diaspora and transnationalism, media theory
Elaine C. Sandoval
- El Sistema, social justice, cosmopolitanism in music education, pedagogy, postcolonialism, music in conflict and peacebuilding
- Music and deafness, music and games, music education, jazz, sea chanteys, music of Québec, percussion, the vibraphone
- Children’s and youth music in Senegal; children’s rights, NGOs, and activist music; African studies; guitar and kora
- Mexican music and immigration in New York City, Latin American music, nationalism, mariachi performance, son jarocho and participatory music culture
- Popular music in Southeast Europe, music and globalization, music and nationalism, music and gender