365 Fifth Avenue
A significant new concert venue located in the 34th Street–Murray Hill area at 365 Fifth Avenue, the Baisley Powell Elebash Recital Hall forms part of the Graduate Center of the City University of New York’s cultural and conference complex, which also includes the Harold M. Proshansky Auditorium, the James Gallery, and the multipurpose Segal Theatre.
Designed for the acoustical needs of music and spoken-word presentations, Elebash Recital Hall has 180 comfortable, fixed seats that look onto a beautiful wood-paneled “thrust” stage.
The hall houses concert series including Live@365, a series of world music concerts, and serves as a recital show place for faculty and students in the Graduate Center’s top-ranked Ph.D./D.M.A. program in music.
The hall is named in honor of Baisley Powell Elebash in recognition of a gift from the Baisley Powell Elebash Fund. Baisley Powell Elebash was a native New Yorker and WWI Navy veteran. He retired from the securities business in the 1930s, then devoted his time to developing oil properties until his death in 1953 at the age of 55. His widow, Marjean Hoyt Elebash, died in 1996. The endowed Baisley Powell Elebash Fund was established in their memory in 1998 and supports fellowships for doctoral students in music at the Graduate Center as well as programming in the recital hall.
- Concert: Songs and Vocal Chamber Music of Tom Cipullo - 24 Jan 2018 - 19:30
- Music in Midtown: Chamber Music - Part 1 - 8 Feb 2018 - 13:00
- Music in Midtown: Chamber Music - Part 2 - 22 Feb 2018 - 13:00
- Music in Midtown: Rhapsodie, Blues and Choral - 8 Mar 2018 - 13:00
- Music in Midtown: Piano Quartet Masterworks with William Frampton & Friends - 22 Mar 2018 - 13:00
- Music in Midtown: From Czarist Russia to the Soviet Union - 19 Apr 2018 - 13:00
- Music in Midtown: Chamber Music for Guitar and Cello - 3 May 2018 - 13:00